the joy of life Headline Animator

Monday, December 12, 2011

COFFEE

               I LOVE COFFEE!!!!
     I love its deep, dark, sensual aroma. When it is really good, like that of the Blue Mountain coffee of Jamaica, some of the coffee I had in Venezuela or from  Costa Rica, you can almost taste the earth it was grown in. I love that dark earthy taste of a good, rich, strong cup of coffee. In the past year or so, I've become really fond of the organic free trade growers supported by the Rain Forest Alliance. You can definitely taste the difference and is well worth the extra price. I'm not the best morning person and love the caffeine in an early morning cup of coffee! I'm totally addicted!   
        This is going to shock, amaze and maybe even terrify those that really know me, but as of today, 12/12/11, I have quit drinking coffee! Its going to be mostly tea and mostly Puer tea from Yunnan Province China when I can get down to Boulder to get it. Now don't get me wrong! I'm not going to be religious about it. If I go out to breakfast, I'm still going to drink coffee and when I'm in New York City for New Years, you gotta "have  a coffee". Its just the everyday 4 to 8 cups a day, everyday, that's going to stop.
    The past few times I've had my blood pressure checked its been a little high, not bad, just a little. Plus I'm afraid all that caffeine is hard on my adrenals and actually robbing me of energy. So..... for a few months anyway, I'm going to cut back on coffee and when the health fair comes around in late April or early May we will see the results.  


No comments:

Post a Comment