the joy of life Headline Animator

Thursday, March 21, 2013

The New Plan That Seems to Be working!

          In the past; I've watched calories and fat grams it seemed to work some but not a lot unless I added exercise. I have recently seen a big change in a couple of people around me. One cut out gluten the other read and followed Jorge Cruise, The Belly Fat Cure. These ladies made such a change that I decided to see what I could do.
          About two weeks ago: I switched from my heavy IPA beers to New Planet gluten free beer, I don't eat any bread with meals, I've cut down on breaded entrees and started using corn starch instead of flour to thicken soups and gravies. I use the whole grain sandwich thins when I make a sandwich. So far I've found that the Oroweat brand has the less sugar to fiber and protein.
        Which brings me to the other big thing. I've always read labels, but I never paid much attention to the sugar content. Now I'm looking at three things; fiber, sugar and protein. I'm trying not to buy anything with more than 5g per serving of sugar. If it does have more than 5g it has to have at least an equal amount of fiber. I'm trying to get as much protein and fiber into my diet as I can. In fact I'm drinking a Whey protein drink/ mixing it with almond milk and shooting for 35g of fiber a day.
      I also have increased my water intake.
      I drink a pint of my wellness tea a day. ( See the recipe on this blog)
      I drink 4oz of ningxia red a day; 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening.
         In the past two weeks I've lost about 10 lbs. It might have been more but at the start of this program I cooked myself two huge dinners and it was late. When eating sensibly, the weight seems to fall right off.
    I have also been working out with some light weights and I've walked 3 days over the last two weeks. the exercise is very infrequent and I don't consider it a major factor at this time but as the weather gets nicer I'll be walking every day and that should dramatically speed up the weight loss.
           I'll let you know in a couple of weeks
     

No comments:

Post a Comment